Vegan Matcha Pancakes Recipe
HOLY MATCHA PANCAKES!
You know I love a good matcha latte, but matcha pancakes? I certainly outdid myself on this recipe experiment. I am not a food blogger by any means, in fact, I usually forget to take photos of my food, drop my cell phone in my cute latte art, or smoosh all my food into a bowl and call it a day.
BUT, when I got the opportunity to try Suja Juice's new line of plant-based protein milk, I knew I was destined for the trendiest damn breakfast one could possibly have so I put my big girl apron on and got to baking.
Serves: 5-6 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
2 VeganEggs - Link here.
2/3 cup Original Suja Plant Protein Milk
1/4 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons matcha powder - I used this brand.
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Optional: Shredded coconut for garnish
2 Cups Frozen Raspberries
Pinch of sugar
2/3 cup water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together VeganEggs, Plant Protein Milk, coconut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add almond flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well until a green pancake batter forms.
- Heat your pan over moderate heat. Brush with coconut butter.
- Transfer small mounds of pancake batter into the pan. I used a medium-sized circle cutter I bought from HomeGoods so they were generally "circle-shaped" and VERY IG worthy.
- Once bubbles appear and pop on the surface of the pancake, flip pancakes and cook for another minute or so.
- Stack pancakes, drizzle raspberry syrup and finish with a sprinkle of shredded coconut for garnish.
- Pour raspberries and half of the water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Allow ingredients to boil for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add remainder of water and bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat and add a pinch of sugar to taste.
- For no pulp, use a strainer and clean bowl to separate the liquid from the remainder of the fruit.
And there you have it! Isn't it great something that likely stars on every hip breakfast spot in LA's menu is SO EASY? Let me know what you think of the pancakes once you make them, if you'd like to see MAS FOOD here, and also if you wanna get your taste buds on some nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free MYLK from Suja (holla!) my fellow San Diegans can grab it at these Costco locations:
SD-Vista, CA 1755 Hacienda Dr, Vista, CA, 92081
SD-San Diego, CA 4605 Morena Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92117
SD-Carlsbad, CA 951 Palomar Airport Rd, Carlsbad, CA, 92011
SD-Mission Valley, CA